3 Years Post Op

Hello everyone,

It’s been awhile since i have posted anything on here as I have been busy with exam season. However,   June 14th was my official 3 year post op spinal fusion surgery anniversary. I have always posted for my anniversary and it is something I wish to continue in the future.

I can’t quite believe it has been 3 years since my operation, to be honest it feels like just yesterday. Whilst the surgery was one of the most daunting experiences of my life, it was well worth it for the outcome I received. My back aches and pains whilst still prominent are less frequent than I could’ve ever imagined. Scoliosis is, and will always be, a big part of my life. But, with the back pain slowing fading in memory my life is almost back to normal. Sure there are some things I can’t do and will probably never be able to do again, but if someone was to ask me whether it was worth it, my answer will always remain the same, yes!



I am constantly researching developments in scoliosis treatments all the time. Whilst I am thankful for the success of my operation I am aware that this invasive method isn't for everyone. There are different methods such as a fairly new treatment called spinal tethering, which I have mentioned before on my blog. This method is less invasive and it helps to maintain a certain degree of flexibility.
If you would like to read more about non invasive and non surgical treatments for scoliosis click - here 


Scoliosis, at the time seemed such an impossible hurdle to overcome, but I am living proof that the hurdle isn't as impossible as it may seem. I was able to overcome it with the amazing support of my family who were always by my side throughout the whole process. Support, in my case was the most important part of recovery. Recovery was difficult, adjusting the way you have always walked is like learning to walk again.. it's tough. But with time and resilience it once again became second nature.

3 years later and I can honestly say that having the surgery was the best decision I could've made for myself and my curvature. It was a difficult process to get to where I am today, but it is a journey I will always remember. Scoliosis may have shaped my spine, but it also unexpectedly shaped me into the person I am today. This whole journey has taught me to never take something as simple as walking for granted. Scoliosis has taught me many things over the years but the most prominent lesson it taught me is that where there is no struggle, there is no strength.



Thank you for reading,
if you have any questions regarding scoliosis please feel free to leave a comment below or you can email me - lookingbacksadierawson@gmail.com

Looking Back xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Max Factor lip kit - review

Testing Barry M!

Hydrotherapy treatment for scoliosis