Revolution 2018 beauty advent calendar- review

Hello everyone,

Today I wanted to do a review on a beauty advent calendar I had this year. I did a similar post to this last year and it seemed to go down quite well, so I thought I would do it again. The Revolution calendar was probably one of the best I have tried. The products were reasonable sizes and were very inclusive which I really liked.
The calendar was 25days and on the 25th day I got a full sized eyeshadow palette. All other days were mini sized products. However, they were all of moderate size in my opinion. The lipsticks were full sized and the shades were all gorgeous.




This calendar retailed for around £30 which I thought was a very reasonable price considering the quantity and quality of the products.

Inside this calendar I received a full sized eyeshadow palette on the 25th of December and a mini eyeshadow palette. The main thing besides the quality of the shadows within these palettes, was how inclusive they were. The palettes were fairly neutral especially the mini palette. However, the full sized palette had a few pops of colour which I think would be flattering on multiple skin tones.



The full sized palette is part of the reloaded collection that is exclusive to this calendar called Authority. This palette has a fairly even balance of both mattes and shimmers.



As you can see the mini eyeshadow palette is much more neutral and would be perfect for everyday looks. It's small size makes it perfect for travel. This palette features both a pale almost white shade perfect for highlighting and a black colour perfect for evening looks and smoky eyes.



In this calendar there is: a full sized eyeshadow palette, a mini eyeshadow palette, 6 full sized lipsticks, 2 lip glosses, 2 pressed highlighters, a compact mirror, 4 mini travel brushes (eyeliner brush, concealer brush, powder brush, eyeshadow brush), ultra shine balm, baked bronzer, liquid highlighter, eye primer, 2 strobe balms and 2 baked highlighters.



Overall, I was really impressed with this advent calendar I found it to be very good value for money and I really enjoyed opening it each day to find another lovely product behind each door.
I would definitely recommend picking up one of the Revolution advent calendar in the future if they are anything like this one.

Have you tried a beauty advent calendar this year? what were your thoughts and opinions?
Let me know in the comments below.

Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed.

Sadie xoxo

You can shop Revolution - here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Max Factor lip kit - review

Testing Barry M!

Hydrotherapy treatment for scoliosis