Disadvantages of fusion-less scoliosis

Hello everyone,

It feels like I haven't done a scoliosis blog post in a while, so I thought I would talk about some of the disadvantages of fusion-less scoliosis. I would be lying if I told you I never thought what my life and back would be like if I didn't have the fusion surgery.
However, after thinking about it for a while I know I made the right decision for me personally.
Having a spinal fusion is completely individual, your consultant can recommend the procedure, but at the end of the day it's you who decides whether to have it or not.
I had my spinal fusion surgery nearly 2 years ago now and I was really happy with my results. The procedure was 7 and a half hours long, but well worth it.
Spinal fusion is no walk in the park, but the results can be amazing. However, like any operation they are pros and cons. I had some nerve damage in my leg and numbness on my back, but I thought this was a small price to pay all things considered.

Having a spinal fusion not only improved the appearance of my back, but it also improved my quality of life. I cannot imagine what my back would be like if I hadn't of had the surgery.
Spinal fusion is scary and it can be risky. However, I couldn't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't of had the procedure. I rarely experience back pain, I do get aches but I honestly don't care anymore. I am just so happy to be able to live a pain free life.






Scoliosis did change my life as cheesy as that sounds. Without the surgery I don't think I would be as aware and conscious of the world around me. Having scoliosis opened my eyes to things that I wasn't even aware of i.e. chronic pain. The surgery was the best option for me and I found a strength within myself that I didn't even know I had. Scoliosis shaped my personality and the person I am today.

I found the recovery difficult, but at the end of the day I am so happy that I did it and the results I received are honestly amazing.

If you are thinking of having the spinal fusion surgery I would recommend it. It will be hard, but it is well worth it and you will have a much more straight spine!!

Thank you for reading.
Sadie xoxo

I am doing a giveaway on my blog starting on the 1st May, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience so that others can learn from what has helped you to improve your life, having
    Scoliosis. 💚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Max Factor lip kit - review

Testing Barry M!

Hydrotherapy treatment for scoliosis