Rimmel Shake Mascara and Brow Powder - Review

Hello everyone,

Today I wanted to do a review on two fairly new beauty products from Rimmel. I've been trying these two products for a couple of weeks now and I wanted to let you guys know how I got on with them.



Rimmel - Volume Shake Mascara

I was pretty excited to try this mascara because of the unique concept behind the product, which of course is the shake, this feature was designed to stop the mascara from drying out and it is a completely original idea, I have never seen a brand come out with this feature before and I was intrigued to see what it was all about.

However, I was disappointed with this mascara, the formula was very wet in consistency and because of this it made application messy and I would often end up with black splodges on my eyelids!
The mascara added volume, but did leave my lashes looking thick rather than evenly spread out which is the look I normally aim for.

Overall, I found this product disappointing, and I don't think I will be repurchasing this mascara.


Rimmel - Brow This Way 3 in 1 ultra soft powder

Again this product followed the same idea as the mascara, with the shake/ rattle and once again I was disappointed.
This product claims to line, define and fill the brows in.

Positives -

Creative concept
Affordable

Negatives -

Hard to apply/ use
limited selection of shades 
Too much fall out


Unless you have quite light eyebrows I would stay away from this product, I bought the shade Dark Brown, (which is the shade I usually get), However with this product I found this shade to be very warm toned and as a result of this it would make my eyebrows appear orange!

Overall, although I love Rimmel as a brand and the whole concept behind this unique idea, I would still give this range a pass.

Everyone is different, and this range has been quite controversial so please understand that this is just my opinion, everyone has their own unique style when it comes to makeup.

Please feel free to comment down below what you thought of these products, if you have tried them.

Were you a fan ?

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

Sadie xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Max Factor lip kit - review

Testing Barry M!

Hydrotherapy treatment for scoliosis