I'm oficially 8 months post op scoliosis surgery !!!

                                                                 Hi guys,

Today I wanted to write a blog  post in celebration of being 8months post op !!

Honestly, I still cannot believe it was 8 months ago since my surgery, it feels like it was just yesterday, that I was laying in a hospital bed struggling to do the things such as walking and siting up. These are things I do on a daily basis and take for granted, but when you are suddenly unable to do them,  even if it is just temporary, really makes you realises just how lucky you are.

I have come so far since my operation, and although recovery was hard and long it was well worth it.
I feel very proud of myself for how far I've come, but I honestly couldn't of done it without the amazing support I received from Sheffield children's hospital, and of course my family and friends.

I can safely say, 2 titanium rods and 15 bolts later that although spinal fusion was probably the scariest thing I've ever had to do, I wouldn't ever change it.

8months later, and I can practically do everything I could pre surgery, I have very few restrictions including heavy lifting or any strain on the back and contact sport.

I used to get a lot of back aches and pains before my surgery, however now I hardly ever receive any discomfort from my back!

Even though the outcome of my surgery was amazing, and I couldn't of asked for it to have gone any better, I still have patches of numbness around my scar and one patch on my right leg. Numbness is a small price to pay for a straight back, however I would be lying if I said it doesn't sometimes bother me because it does. I have to be careful, as I don't fully have all sensations within my leg, meaning I could easily hurt or burn it without really realising, although with that being said, my numbness has been slowly improving.

Overall, I've had a really successful recovery so far and i am very greatful for that.

If you too have scoliosis or know someone who does, feel free to ask me questions and I will try to be as helpful as possible?

Thank you so much for reading


 
                                                                       

Sadie xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Max Factor lip kit - review

Testing Barry M!

Hydrotherapy treatment for scoliosis